I would like to report that the Komen Race for the Cure was a success this weekend!  I wanted to say thank you again for all the hard work everyone has put forth to raise this money—it’s making a difference right here in Southwest Virginia.  Contractors for the Cure raised $7,558 of our $9,000 goal and we are currently in 3rd place as a team!!  If you would like to make a donation, it’s not too late, fundraising continues through the month of April!  Click here: Contribute. The event raised an incredible $225,000!!

I just wanted to emphasize that 75% of the money that is raised will be used to serve the 42 cities and counties that the Blue Ridge Affiliate represents.  The remaining 25% goes to National Headquarters to fund research.  The Bold “NEW” Goal for Susan G Komen is to reduce annual breast cancer deaths by 50% by 2026.  That really is a bold goal and I am sure we will get there with dedicated supporters like you all!

Thanks again!!

Melanie Wheeler, Senior Vice President and Board Member